Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year in Thailand

*edited with more pictures*

I'm back from Hatyai after a 3D2N vacation. Of course, I'm going to post some pictures here since it's my first time traveling there.

Pictures above were taken when I was still in Malaysia.

Bird's nest. Priced at 200 baht a bowl. Cheapest I saw was 100 baht at their night market.

countdown dinner?

Night market.

Tong sui (tastes like our local pasar malam's) with various types of ingredients like sweet potato, red bean, lotus seed, sea coconut, etc and fried omelete with baby oysters. I'm not sure what it's called but I call it Oh Jien in Hokkien. Must try this. 100 baht and I asure you'd be satisfy kao kao.

I was with mum and cousin taking pictures and then
a boy (he looks young) who's quite good looking stared at me. I didn't bother much though. When I was about to leave, he approached me, made some gestures and spoke in Thai which I could understand that he intended to snap a picture of me with his camera phone. All that I could tell him is Nonononono and walked away.. I could've taken one with him if he's about my age right? Moreover he is the fair type. Me like.. ;P

You know what, from what I observed non of the street dogs there are skinny like those in M'sia. Most of them have a band on the neck. Perhaps they have owner.

Tuk-tuk and telephone booth.

Is this kelong from what we learned in Form 3?
They call this place market. It's like our Pasar Seni or Central Market.

KDU College.

Chicken rice and roasted pork are among the famous delicacies there. I ordered roasted duck and siu yuk rice for lunch.

Sticky rice filled with chicken floss can simply melt your heart. And tongue.

Gan Suey Jong in Canto.


yeah hahahaha.. emptied 80% of my inbox! erase off the old messages and keep the new ones. so happy!


oh hey.. you guys went out with Ben on new year's eve. without me.. =/

My baby.

No comments: